As you can plainly see in the October issue fête magazine – we’ve changed.
That’s a loaded question and I happen to have a few answers.
But, first, let’s run through a few bits of fête history to set the stage. Over 4 years ago, Jack DelGado and I sat down and figured out this online publishing idea that had been bouncing around in our heads for months. We found that our community lacked a social/online/sharing vehicle that could support all the events, music, art and stories in our region. To be honest, we were shocked with the outpouring of support we received when we launched our first edition of fête magazine – all 16 pages of it.
There are some fête firsts that I would like to draw your attention to:
- fête was the first online flip magazine in our region. Now everyone is doing the fête-thing online.
- fête is still the only publication to have videos and audio files embedded on our pages of the magazine.
- fête is still the only publication to have multiple social media and website links for each advertiser.
- fête’s videos have been viewed over 250,000 times representing over 1,000,000 minutes watched since we started. No other pub is doing this.
- fête was the first publication in our region to have an app.
- fête mobile music was the first system in our region to show you who is playing where in Greenville on your phone, tablet and pc/MAC.
So, we did fairly well by being the leading edge of the online publishing sword the last 4+ years.
Now, everyone has some sort of flippy magazine online and we take that form of imitation as sincere flattery. The market is evolving and so is how everyone uses everything online and this brought us to the decision to venture forth as only fête can do. We’ve done this sort of thing before and it was time to step forward and lead (again).
Why did we change? We pride ourselves on doing what others are not doing and we decided to offer our followers and readers the most mobile and up-to-date way of being interactive with our community. That’s why.
With mobile devices becoming a gargantuan provider of information in our society – we also knew that apps may not be the way to go in the future because online magazine apps are not generally much fun on a phone unless you spend tons and tons of money. Our work centered around making your reading experience on any tablet, phone or pc/MAC the best and most rewarding experience you can find.
In a nutshell – this is the way of the future. Swiping page to page and scrolling up and down and being able to read every word without having to adjust or zoom on your device is the answer.
So here it is – the evolved fête magazine. Same great articles, humor, music, art and events – all inside a unique system that allows you to enjoy every word, sound or picture on everything.
All you need to do is bookmark fête on your phone, tablet, pc/MAC or laptop. We will be there every month for your enjoyment. You can always keep up with us on our Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram and YouTube pages.
And, we have some cool new logos.
fête it be…
Jay Spivey – Publisher